I couldn’t hardly believe my eyes when I read that Rae at Pastel Carousel had nominated me for an award. I have only been blogging since late November & it just made my heart swell. I know that sounds totally silly, but I’m sure like most bloggers, I put my posts out into the void not knowing what to expect in return. Some may say I’m just blogging about clothes & it’s not a big deal, but I would say my style is an expression of who I am individually so it’s a big deal to me.
Rae is a super cool, fun, whimsical sprite that writes a super cool, fun, whimsical blog covering her favorite things; family, fashion, art, literature, gaming to name a few. I highly encourage you to check out her blog. Thank you, Rae for thinking of me. I find your work so engaging & feel warm & fuzzy all over that the feeling is reciprocated!
My Sunshine Rules*
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers that bring sunshine to your day.
- Ask your nominees as many thoughtful questions as you so desire.
- Please click to all the nominated blogs & follow at will.
Rea’s Questions To Me:
How did you come up with your blog name?
My pal, Elisha, who writes a very different blog from mine, let me pick her brain on blogging & helped me to come up with the name Baubles&Knots. I wanted something fashion related, but not with “ista” in the title. I like how baubles & knots is like nuts & bolts. It references the details that make up a whole.
What’s your favorite piece of clothing/jewelry right now?
My favorite piece that I own are my joggers. They are comfy & stylish!
Do you prefer sunlight or moonlight?
Sunlight, unless it’s a cool evening sitting around a fire enjoying company & refreshment.
What’s your favorite season & why?
Spring/Fall – The temperature is crisp & it makes for those perfect fireside evenings.
Name one goal for 2016.
Hmmm….I really wish I had a blog related goal or fashion/style related goal or some milestone goal like running a half marathon, but I don’t. Lets say to read more books than in 2015, which was 22. I’ve read 2 so far!
My Nominees include some ladies that have welcomed me into this new community & have great content to boot!
- Hilary Style
- Nikis Reviews
- Glitters and Mayhem
- Floating in Dreams
- Wee Little Penguin
- Working Look
- The Real Jlow
- Vintage Relfection
Questions to my fellow sunshiny bloggers*
- Is there a favorite book/movie/band/artist that influences your personal style?
- Do you think it is important to unplug & how do you balance this while participating in a digital world?
- What does style mean to you?
I can’t wait to see your responses if you choose to participate.
*I’ve adapted these rules to better suit me.
* I’ve adapted these questions from Wee Little Penguin & Nikis Reviews. They do some wonderful interview pieces & I’ve been itching to turn the questions on them.