Summer is blazing so it’s time to talk swim style. I love splashin around. The past few years I’ve bought a lap pass to the public pool where I pretend to exercise. I am not a strong swimmer. I mostly kickboard, but whatevs.
When it comes to suits, I require coverage & support without losing style. I’m a big fan of mixing tops & bottoms. I always like the idea of a one piece, but they’re not always proportional. I did try on a cool Kim Possible scuba style suit, but it was incredibly difficult to actually get my arms in & out. If only that zipper would have been longer.
My secret for finding a supportive top is to wear a sports bra. I have tried all kinds of brands, shapes, compressions, wires, clasps, straps, ties on bikini tops & a sports bra is the way to go. As far as sports bras go I have tried all kinds of brands, shapes, compressions, wires, clasps, straps & Old Navy is by far the biggest bang for your buck. They are cute, supportive, moisture wicking/quick drying, & inexpensive.
I really only needed a new top this season. I scored a long line strappy top that is on point with my high waist bottoms. Old Navy for the win!
Rounding out my swim swag:
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen: goes on super light & doesn’t feel sticky
- Flamingo Key: DIY thanks to Pinterest
- It’s 10 Miracle Leave In-Product: serious damage control leaves my hair silky smooth
- Old Navy Flip Flops: Represent!
- F21 Kimono: Billowy cover up that feels totally swank
- Better Homes & Garden Beach Towel: V absorbent
- Ray-Ban Wayfarer: Obviously classic
That’s all I got, now go catch some rays!